Wax & Oils was established in 2014 in Sterling, Virginia. The first candle was sold on August 2, 2014. Since then, we have moved into a manufacturing facility just under 3 miles from the garage in which that first candle was poured. From the day we first combined Wax & Oils into a candle, the Alford family has had one singular goal: to handcraft a candle that burns cleanly, smells fantastic and is eco-friendly from product to packaging. Our customers having recognized our commitment to this end, have spread the word and purchased again. In turn, we are committed to fostering this partnership by continuously improving our candles, introducing new fragrances and product differentiation.
Each and every candle is hand-crafted and poured by a diverse team of individuals who are completely committed to providing the purest quality candles our customers deserve. Our team is built upon the strength of open, honest communication at all levels and care for one another. This has translated into our process to ensure every candle receives our personal touch and attention.
We are committed to using:
- Our soy candles were designed to purify, ensuring the removal of any potentially present pesticides, herbicides, or Genetically Modified Materials (GMM)
- Pure cotton wicks
- No harmful additives
- Packaging that is 100% recyclable
- Our foam inserts are recycled polyethylene, 65% recycled ingredients
Our company, Wax & Oils, serves our customers by hand crafting high-quality home décor products through innovation and sustainability to provide genuine, intrinsic value at affordable prices.
- Customer-Focused – Ensure value, exceeding expectations, quick delivery
- Improving/Expanding Product Lines – New, improving products
- Sharing Our Success – Support charities that give people hope
- People – Love our employees, customers and partners
- Innovation – Always test and improve everything we touch
- Pursuit of Perfection – Make the best candle possible without harmful additives
- Giving – Align with charities that help people
- Sustainability – Love and care for our Earth
Each year we will include you in the process of selecting and testing our new fragrances. We care deeply about your thoughts, concerns and appreciate the feedback you provide as we continually evaluate our product offerings. So please, sign up for our newsletter (below) to receive discounts, latest scents, and checkout our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest pages so that YOU can be involved! Remember, this is a partnership and we value your input!